Divorce Recovery Coaching
GROWING THROUGH DIVORCE
Divorce is a time of change. It really rocks the foundation of most people's lives. When we have our heart broken or our dreams taken away from us, it is a time of growth and change.
Sometimes marriages do not succeed. The end of a marriage can be a relief to some people, but it can also be an extremely stressful event. Even the partner who chooses to leave may experience a wide range of emotions and intense feelings that may be painful or difficult, such as grief, guilt, anger, confusion, fear, shame, and anxiety. If children are involved, the stress level within a divorcing family is likely to be even higher.
Individuals seek our coaching to help them decide whether to stay in a marriage or leave. Others may seek help in coaching to make the transition from being married to being single again.
If you have recently gone through a divorce you may have unresolved feelings of anger towards your ex-spouse. You may find yourself reeling from past betrayals both big and small. You may even experience symptoms of depression.
When a relationship ends there are several losses:
- Loss of companionship and shared experiences
- Loss of support, be it financial, intellectual, social or emotional
- Loss of hopes, dreams and expectations for the future – this can often be more painful than practical.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY PEOPLE DIVORCE
- Lack of communication
- Constant arguing
- Unrealistic expectations
- Lack of equality
- Not being prepared for marriage
- Lack of intimacy
Divorce coaching helps you to move past this normal and natural loss stage and do something powerful towards your future.
We help individuals to achieve their goals from a non-therapeutic coaching perspective. We also support our clients to grow through divorce rather than going through divorce.
At Intranzition we specialise in helping our clients redefine a marriage or a relationship that no longer works for them.
We do not provide advice on how to find a divorce lawyer or manage financial and custody issues. Instead our coaching practice is about developing personal strengths that will enable you to get your moxie back and flourish. However we are happy to put you in touch with a solicitor that we collaborate with in coaching his clients.
We turn your stumbling blocks to stepping stones
We support you on your transition journey from “bitter to better”
We provide individuals who are struggling through divorce to grow through a divorce programme that: -
• Gives you hope
• Helps you heal
• Guides you to create a life that is rich, full and fun
WHY YOU NEED INTRANZITION’S DIVORCE COACHING?
- You value yourself highly
- You are committed to success
- You want results
- You are willing to learn
- You are ready for action
- You are open to support
- You want fulfilment
- You want a better relationship with your child
- You want the best for your child
- You want to turn your stumbling stones to stepping stones
WHY YOU WOULD USE A DIVORCE COACH?
- You are unsure if getting a divorce is the right thing for you.
- You are getting divorced and need emotional support that your divorce lawyer can’t provide.
- You need practical support that your married friends and/or family can’t provide.
- You need to talk things through with a professional who is totally objective and experienced.
- Your self-esteem, self-worth, self-confidence and self-image have taken a blow and you feel bewildered and lost.
- Your divorce has brought up lots of insecurities; leading you to drink too much, eat too much, sleep around too much.
- You want to feel heard, really heard, by someone that understands you, can help heal you and move you through the hurt and anger your divorce is placing on your life.
- You are worried about how the divorce will impact upon your children.
- If you want to be clear headed and decisive, avoid being overwhelmed and making your divorce quicker, cheaper and less painful.
- You are having a high conflict divorce and want help to transform it, focusing on harmony and moving forward, not on vengeance or greed.
- You want a personal coach who will be by your side and tell you the truth (sometimes the painful truth) at all times.
- If you want parental support in being a single Mum or Dad for the first time.
- You want help to map out your ideal future.
- You want to take back control of your destiny and realise there is life after divorce.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our approach will help you heal from your experience. The strategies in the programme will support you to work through painful feelings and developing personal strengths that can help you thrive.
Homework is a key component of our programme. It is important so clients are able to apply the skills learned during sessions to multiple different situations that arise in everyday life. Learning coping skills at this practical level is strongly related to improve emotional processing.
Homework is also important because it fosters independent use by the client of newly acquired skills. Clients learn coping skills during sessions. Their ability to use these skills on their own is a crucial determinant of their long term emotional health.
If you are struggling to move on after a divorce, you can either let the difficult situation define who you are, or you can use it as an opportunity to make real changes in your life. These positive changes will leave you stronger and happier than ever before.
DIVORCE COACHING IS NOT
- Relationship counselling
- It is not advice on the divorce process, custody battles or financial settlements
- It is not advice on divorce lawyers or the law
WHAT IS DIVORCE COACHING?
- It is a positive look at life during and after divorce
- It is a healing process that motivates you to create the life that you have always dreamed of
- It is inspiring you to jump in and discover a world of possibilities
- It is inspiring you to leap out of your comfort zone and experience the life you want and deserve
- It is showing you that life after divorce is an exciting new chapter of your life
- It is inspiring you to choose to be happy
- It is inspiring you to get over the past and accept it is over. It is time to move on. A much better life awaits you
- Acknowledging and honouring your feelings
- Learning to quit your negative thinking
- Managing the grief cycle
- Managing the stress of Divorce
- Developing a self-compassion
- Letting go
- Learn to forgive
- Letting go of guilt and shame
- Finding meaning
- Searching for hidden blessings
- Setting goals and action plans
- Manging your future and your plans
- Learning to communicate effectively with your Ex
- Putting your children first
Divorce coaching can support you to achieve a happy ending. A healthy divorce won’t necessarily be pain free or devoid of any stress or personal hardship, but then neither is a healthy eating plan or fitness regime. With perseverance, dedication and commitment, a healthy attitude can reap life-long benefits.
Divorce is more prevalent than ever for those who have been married for decades. There has been a steady increase in midlife divorces over the past years, and it has been given a name:
WE ARE THE PREMIERE COACHING PRACTICE THAT PROVIDES DIVORCE
RECOVERY FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THEIR MIDLIFE
Divorce Recovery is Possible!
If you are on this site, and on this particular page, I can understand how you are feeling. I'm guessing that either by choice or circumstance you have found your world turned upside down by a midlife divorce.
I know it is hard work (and very very stressful and painful) to finally accept that your life is going to be very different than the one that you had planned during the last 10, 20, 30+ years that you were married.
Our midlife divorce programme will help you to start letting go, moving on, and actually thrive after your divorce! It is actually possible to start viewing your divorce in a positive light and as an opportunity. This is your opportunity to make your life what you want it to be.
It is our hope that you don't let your divorce define you, but rather allow it to help you to rediscover yourself and make the next 10, 20, 30+ years your best yet!
We will work and coach you through the mental battles that are sure to arise when you find yourself suddenly single in middle age such as:
- Distinguishing between being alone and being lonely
- Finding comfort in being socially single
- Appreciating your own middle-age wisdom
- Realising the true power of independence
- Going back to work
- Managing your relationship with your older children
- Creating an action plan
Don't just survive ... THRIVE. This stage in your life is the perfect time to start your journey and live the robust and exciting life you always desired.